Latest Web Reviews
New Releases Calendar for June 19
- Class Rank
- The Death of Stalin
- Double Lover
- Keep the Change
- Midnight Sun
- Pacific Rim: Uprising
- Paul, Apostle Of Christ
- The Workshop
What you’ll find in the May/June 2018 issue of Video Librarian:
New documentaries on the lives of a Philadelphia family, the 2017 Women’s March, Newtown and Orlando mass shootings, bugs as food, the history of black colleges, Putin, the Paris Opera, the ghoulish blood plasma industry, bird intelligence, and more. Plus, books into movies, anime, music/dance, and 75-plus movie and TV series reviews…
- On August 21, First Run Features will release Alone on the Island of the Blue Dolphins (DVD: $19.95). Every November, nearly half a million 4th graders read Scott O’Dell’s 1960 Newbery Medal-winning children’s story Island of the Blue Dolphins. For…
- Imagine a society where books are outlawed and “firemen” have been tasked to burn any remaining literature. This is the reality in Fahrenheit 451, slated for September 18 release from HBO. Based on Ray Bradbury’s classic 1953 sci-fi novel, this…
- Kino Lorber and Zeitgeist Films have recently released Forbidden Films: The Hidden Legacy of Nazi Film (DVD: $29.95), Felix Moeller's German-language documentary re-examining the propaganda films created by the German film industry under the Third Reich. Of the 1,200 feature…
- Slated for a July 24 release from Warner Home Video, filmmaker Steven Spielberg's action-adventure film Ready Player One (DVD: $28.98, Blu-ray/DVD Combo: $35.99, 4K: Combo: $44.95) is based on Ernest Cline’s 2011 sci-fi bestseller of the same name. In the year…
- Films Media Group, an Infobase Company, agreed today to sponsor up to four registrations to the 2018 National Media Market and Conference (NMM) for librarians who collect media for community colleges. This sponsorship will benefit librarians who wish to attend…
Bi-Weekly Selection Guide to Upcoming Releases for July 3 & June 26
- Action! Library Media ServiceOffering Approval plans, Physical Processing, and MARC records for purchases; handles credit card, PayPal, and prepayment-only vendors. Your One-Stop Shop for video collection.
- Baker & Taylor EntertainmentThe leading institutional distributor of all audio and video material, including video, DVD, and music audio from over 7,000 vendors.
- Breaking Glass PicturesWith over 300 titles, Breaking Glass Pictures focuses on cutting-edge Independent Festival titles, as well as documentary, horror/thriller/action genre films, and a dedicated LGBTQ focus.
- Dark Hollow FilmsDark Hollow Films is a documentary distribution company committed to providing independent, intelligent and thought-provoking films to the educational community.
- Dreamscape MediaDreamscape Media is a publishing company that specializes in book-based content for video and audiobook formats. Please visit our website for our latest video titles. www.dreamscapeab.com
- Films On DemandMultisubject streaming video subscriptions for all markets, offering unlimited access to thousands of educational programs, segmented into predefined clips, from top producers. Single-subject collections also available.
- Green Planet FilmsEstablished in 2003, Green Planet Films distributes nature and environmental films and program series that spotlights issues such as climate change, waste reduction/recycling, resource scarcity, food, water, energy, and highlights models for change. Visit www.greenplanetfilms.org
- Icarus FilmsIcarus Films is a leading distributor of independent films. Since 1978 the films in our collection have addressed areas of political, social and cultural concern.
- Kino Lorber EducationKino Lorber Education offers the best films available in Social Justice & Human Rights, Film Studies, Social Studies, Religion & Spirituality, and critically-acclaimed feature films.
- Music Box FilmsMusic Box Films is a distributor of award-winning feature and documentary films in the US and Canada across theatrical, digital and home entertainment platforms.
- National Media MarketConnecting librarians and educators with film producers and distributors of new educational media content and platforms for 40 years. NMM 2018 will be in Indianapolis, Indiana.