Latest Web Reviews
New Releases Calendar for January 14
- The Bookshop
- Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween
- The Last Suit
- Madeline’s Madeline
- The Old Man & The Gun
- Speed Kills
- Tea With The Dames
What you’ll find in the January/February 2019 issue of Video Librarian:
New documentaries on the 1970s pioneer counterculture group TVTV, Sherpas in NYC, Syrian refugees, the UN sex abuse scandal, the Harry Potter magic exhibit, the future of ISIS, Pope Francis, Harriet Tubman, Jean-Michel Basquiat, and more. Plus, books into movies, anime, music/dance, and 75-plus movie and TV series reviews.
- Slated for release on March 12 is Divide and Conquer: The Story of Roger Ailes (DVD: $24.99), available from Magnolia Home Entertainment. Directed by Alexis Bloom, the documentary fuses the personal, the political, and the just plain surreal as it…
“Never-Ending Man” Hayao Miyazaki Creation Documentary Available April 30 from GKIDS and Shout! FactoryGKIDS and Shout! Factory have announced the release of the documentary feature Never-Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki, available in a Blu-ray/DVD Combo on April 30. Offering a new look at the rarely-interviewed filmmaker as he faces the challenges of working with…
Bergman’s “The Magic Flute,” Harold Lloyd, Beatlesmania “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” and More from Criterion Collection’s March SlateCriterion's March slate opens March 12 with another entry in the year-long series of Ingmar Bergman releases: the standalone edition of 1975’s The Magic Flute (DVD: 2 discs, $29.95; Blu-ray: $39.95), the director's effervescent take on Mozart's beloved opera, featuring soloists Josef…
- IFC Films has announced the release of Tea with the Dames (DVD: $24.95), slated for January 15. What happens when four legends of British stage and screen get together? Dame Maggie Smith, Dame Judi Dench, Dame Eileen Atkins, and Dame…
- Viewers will witness the courage of compassion through the eyes of parents journeying toward acceptance of their one-of-a-kind kids with the release of Far from the Tree (DVD: $24.98) on January 8 from IFC. Based on The New York Times…
Bi-Weekly Selection Guide to Upcoming Releases for February 5 & January 29
- Action! Library Media ServiceOffering Approval plans, Physical Processing, and MARC records for purchases; handles credit card, PayPal, and prepayment-only vendors. Your One-Stop Shop for video collection.
- Baker & Taylor EntertainmentThe leading institutional distributor of all audio and video material, including video, DVD, and music audio from over 7,000 vendors.
- Breaking Glass PicturesWith over 300 titles, Breaking Glass Pictures focuses on cutting-edge Independent Festival titles, as well as documentary, horror/thriller/action genre films, and a dedicated LGBTQ focus.
- Dreamscape MediaDreamscape Media is a publishing company that specializes in book-based content for video and audiobook formats. Please visit our website for our latest video titles. www.dreamscapeab.com
- Films On DemandMultisubject streaming video subscriptions for all markets, offering unlimited access to thousands of educational programs, segmented into predefined clips, from top producers. Single-subject collections also available.
- Green Planet FilmsEstablished in 2003, Green Planet Films distributes nature and environmental films and program series that spotlights issues such as climate change, waste reduction/recycling, resource scarcity, food, water, energy, and highlights models for change. Visit www.greenplanetfilms.org
- Icarus FilmsIcarus Films is a leading distributor of independent films. Since 1978 the films in our collection have addressed areas of political, social and cultural concern.
- Kino Lorber EducationKino Lorber Education offers the best films available in Social Justice & Human Rights, Film Studies, Social Studies, Religion & Spirituality, and critically-acclaimed feature films.
- Music Box FilmsMusic Box Films is a distributor of award-winning feature and documentary films in the US and Canada across theatrical, digital and home entertainment platforms.
- National Media MarketConnecting librarians and educators with film producers and distributors of new educational media content and platforms for 40 years. NMM 2018 will be in Indianapolis, Indiana.