Latest Web Reviews
New Releases Calendar for May 22
- The 15:17 to Paris
- Black Hollow Cage
- Early Man
- A Fantastic Woman
- Game Night
- I Kill Giants
- On The Beach At Night Alone
- The Party
- Red Sparrow
What you’ll find in the May/June 2018 issue of Video Librarian:
New documentaries on the lives of a Philadelphia family, the 2017 Women’s March, Newtown and Orlando mass shootings, bugs as food, the history of black colleges, Putin, the Paris Opera, the ghoulish blood plasma industry, bird intelligence, and more. Plus, books into movies, anime, music/dance, and 75-plus movie and TV series reviews…
- Films Media Group, an Infobase Company, agreed today to sponsor up to four registrations to the 2018 National Media Market and Conference (NMM) for librarians who collect media for community colleges. This sponsorship will benefit librarians who wish to attend…
“The Tree of Life,” Lubitsch’s “Heaven Can Wait," Punk Scene Debut “Smithereens,” and More on Criterion's August SlateThe Criterion Collection's August releases kick off August 14 with director Robert M. Young's 1982 drama The Ballad of Gregorio Cortez (DVD: $29.95, Blu-ray: $39.95), a passion project for producer-star Edward James Olmos, who plays the titular Mexican American farmer forced…
- The events that led to the deadliest terrorist attacks ever to take place on American soil are chronicled in The Looming Tower (DVD: $29.98, Blu-ray: $39.98), the powerful 10-part Hulu drama to be released on September 18 from Warner Bros. Home…
- Music Box Films is releasing the documentary My Letter to the World (DVD: $29.95) on June 12. Offering a rich examination of the life and work of one of America’s greatest poets, the film features world experts and renowned scholars who help to unravel…
- Collective Eye Films has recently released A Good American (DVD: public libraries: $50; schools: $125 [$295 w/PPR], www.collectiveeye.org), director Friedrich Moser’s gripping docu-thriller about a groundbreaking surveillance program, the brilliant mastermind behind it, and how a perfect alternative to mass…
Bi-Weekly Selection Guide to Upcoming Releases for June 5 & May 29
- Action! Library Media ServiceOffering Approval plans, Physical Processing, and MARC records for purchases; handles credit card, PayPal, and prepayment-only vendors. Your One-Stop Shop for video collection.
- Baker & Taylor EntertainmentThe leading institutional distributor of all audio and video material, including video, DVD, and music audio from over 7,000 vendors.
- Breaking Glass PicturesWith over 300 titles, Breaking Glass Pictures focuses on cutting-edge Independent Festival titles, as well as documentary, horror/thriller/action genre films, and a dedicated LGBTQ focus.
- Dark Hollow FilmsDark Hollow Films is a documentary distribution company committed to providing independent, intelligent and thought-provoking films to the educational community.
- Dreamscape MediaDreamscape Media is a publishing company that specializes in book-based content for video and audiobook formats. Please visit our website for our latest video titles. www.dreamscapeab.com
- Films On DemandMultisubject streaming video subscriptions for all markets, offering unlimited access to thousands of educational programs, segmented into predefined clips, from top producers. Single-subject collections also available.
- Green Planet FilmsEstablished in 2003, Green Planet Films distributes nature and environmental films and program series that spotlights issues such as climate change, waste reduction/recycling, resource scarcity, food, water, energy, and highlights models for change. Visit www.greenplanetfilms.org
- Icarus FilmsIcarus Films is a leading distributor of independent films. Since 1978 the films in our collection have addressed areas of political, social and cultural concern.
- Kino Lorber EducationKino Lorber Education offers the best films available in Social Justice & Human Rights, Film Studies, Social Studies, Religion & Spirituality, and critically-acclaimed feature films.
- Music Box FilmsMusic Box Films is a distributor of award-winning feature and documentary films in the US and Canada across theatrical, digital and home entertainment platforms.
- National Media MarketConnecting librarians and educators with film producers and distributors of new educational media content and platforms for 40 years. NMM 2018 will be in Indianapolis, Indiana.