Latest Web Reviews
Documentaries & Other Non-Fiction
New Releases Calendar for February 18
The November/December issue is the last print issue of Video Librarian but Video Librarian Online will continue
Video Librarian is ceasing print publication with the Nov/Dec issue, although Video Librarian Online will continue with the main mission of the magazine, presenting new reviews (from the same review team) and ongoing news briefs, updated regularly. Video Librarian Online will also include access to our searchable database of over 40,000 full-text video reviews, a searchable database of nearly 1,000 video distributors, and more. Subscriptions are $25 each for single username/passwords or $50 for IP access for multiple simultaneous users. We look forward to continuing this incredible journey that began 34 years ago.
- Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) and Representative Andy Levin (D-MI) have introduced the Library Stabilization Fund Act. The legislation would establish a $2 billion fund, administered by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, to address financial losses and bolster library services, with priority…
- Looking for some stimulating content as we enter the dog days of summer? Take a look at Mailchimp's eclectic online literary and media festival. "By the Books: A Collection of Rising Voices" features books curated by Aminatou Sow and Ann…
- On June 16, Juno Films and MVD Entertainment Group will release filmmaker Rob Garver’s What She Said: The Art of Pauline Kael (DVD: $24.95).Tagged by Roger Ebert as the most influential film critic of the late 20th century, the documentary…
- On March 10, Music Box Films will release Erin Derham’s documentary Stuffed (DVD: $29.95), which looks at the fascinating and surprising world of taxidermy, as told through the eyes and hands of acclaimed taxidermy artists across the world. The film…
- First Run Features is releasing filmmaker Jonathan Schienberg's documentary Colossus (DVD: $24.95) on March 10. Told through the eyes of 15-year-old Jamil Sunsin, this is a modern-day immigrant tale of one family’s desperate struggle after deportation leads to family separation, and…
Bi-Weekly Selection Guide to Upcoming Releases for February 18
- Action! Library Media ServiceOffering Approval plans, Physical Processing, and MARC records for purchases; handles credit card, PayPal, and prepayment-only vendors. Your One-Stop Shop for video collection.
- Baker & Taylor EntertainmentThe leading institutional distributor of all audio and video material, including video, DVD, and music audio from over 7,000 vendors.
- Breaking Glass PicturesWith over 300 titles, Breaking Glass Pictures focuses on cutting-edge Independent Festival titles, as well as documentary, horror/thriller/action genre films, and a dedicated LGBTQ focus.
- Dreamscape MediaDreamscape Media is a publishing company that specializes in book-based content for video and audiobook formats. Please visit our website for our latest video titles. www.dreamscapeab.com
- Films On DemandMultisubject streaming video subscriptions for all markets, offering unlimited access to thousands of educational programs, segmented into predefined clips, from top producers. Single-subject collections also available.
- Green Planet FilmsEstablished in 2003, Green Planet Films distributes nature, environmental and human ecology films and program series that spotlights issues such as climate change, waste reduction, food, water and energy plus art, autism, bullying and mental health. Visit us at www.greenplanetfilms.org.
- Icarus FilmsIcarus Films is a leading distributor of independent films. Since 1978 the films in our collection have addressed areas of political, social and cultural concern.
- Kino Lorber EducationKino Lorber Education offers the best films available in Social Justice & Human Rights, Film Studies, Social Studies, Religion & Spirituality, and critically-acclaimed feature films.
- Music Box FilmsMusic Box Films is a distributor of award-winning feature and documentary films in the US and Canada across theatrical, digital and home entertainment platforms.
- National Media MarketConnecting librarians and educators with film producers and distributors of new educational media content and platforms for 40 years. NMM 2018 will be in Indianapolis, Indiana.